My friend Jim Martin is a minister to the masses and a minister to the minister. His blog Godhungry.org blesses and encourages my life and the lives of countless other believers on a weekly basis. I shared this list with our ministry staff today. Here’s Jim’s top ten list of those things he does and does not have time for:
1) I don’t have time to waste on things that don’t matter…. I have plenty of time for the things that count.
2) I don’t have time to get moody, self-centered, and irritable…. I do have time to love my wife and children.
3) I don’t have time to wallow in the past at what might have been…. I do have time to focus on what God wants to do in my life today.
4) I don’t have time to play self-importance games (Who do you know? What kind of house do you live in? What have your kids accomplished? What are you driving?)…. I do have time to build others up and forget myself.
5) I don’t have time to coddle worldly, immature Christians whose idea of church is getting their way…. I have plenty of time to love fellow Christians who may have various opinions.
6) I don’t have time to be a peace-monger (doing whatever it takes to keep others from getting upset)…. I do have time to be a peacemaker (loving people no matter what).
7) I don’t have time to play it safe. My life will soon be over…. I do have time to risk. I can trust God who has promised never to leave me or forsake me.
8 ) I don’t have time to whine and blame others for being obstacles…. I do have time to take responsibility for my own actions and behavior.
9) I don’t have time to complain and focus on the negative…. I do have time to speak a word of hope to people who are overwhelmed by heartache.
10) I don’t have time to settle for the mediocre…. I do have time to be passionate about what matters most to God.
Glory to God!